Waxing For Men At Home
Waxing is a hair removal trend for men that involves spreading hot wax on to the desired area, and then applying a strip of cloth or muslin onto the wax, rubbing it and ripping off the strip in one fell swoop — wax, hair, root, and all. Check out this video…
Waxing for Men Video
Waxing for Men At Home
- Read all instructions first
- Get waxing supplies. (See Below) Compare waxing kit prices. I would recommend either a honey or other strip (soft) wax made for coarse hair.
- Have the right length hair. It needs to be at least 1/4″ long, but no longer than 1/2″. If it’s longer than 1/2″ use hair clippers with 1/4″ guard so it trims evenly. Very important
- Shower and ensure that your hands are clean. Since we use our hands to touch everything.
- Wipe a pre-wax cleanser on with a cotton pad. Use another cotton pad to wipe dry. Lightly dust pre-epilation, corn starch or baby powder on area to be waxed. This will encourage the wax to stick to the hair and less to the skin.
- Wax on. Wearing gloves, use a wooden applicator or Popsicle stick and spread wax evenly in the direction of hair growth in somewhat small sections. The wax needs to cover the hair, but it shouldn’t be put on thick. Don’t put wax on your nipples!
- Cover with strip. Apply a pellon or muslin strip (muslin strip seems to be the best) in the direction of hair growth, leaving some leftover strip that isn’t attached to any hair so that it can act as a tab. For example if hair is growing from right to left, leave leftover strip on left hand side. Smooth fingers over strip in the direction of hair growth a couple times so the strip is attached to hair.
- Remove wax strip. Hold skin taut with one hand. Grab onto the tab and in one quick pull, remove strip in opposite direction all the way to the other side. Your reaction might be to pull up or not go fully to the other side. This is going to make it hurt more, not remove the wax and cause hair breakage. If a little bit of wax with hair remains, simply put strip back on hair and pull off.
- Press skin. After wax is removed, press your hand on the skin which helps relieve some of the pain.
- Repeat. Continue with steps 5-8 working in sections growing in the same direction until it’s removed. Don’t apply wax over the same area twice or you may end with severe redness, inflammation or burns.
- Clean up missed hairs. While holding skin taut, use clean tweezers to remove any strays.
- No stickiness here. Get rid of any sticky residue with wax remover. If you don’t have any, you can use baby oil or any other fragrance-free oil made for the skin. Just clean with water afterwards.
- Calm skin. Apply an after-wax lotion. If you don’t have it, an aloe based lotion or gel to act as a soother. This is how waxing for men at home is done…Good luck!
- Too much work? Next time call a salon or spas for an appointment.
Get Your Supplies Below