Lumea Philips SC Series Demonstration Video
Lumea Philips: The future of hair removal
The Philips Lumea IPL hair removal system is a revolutionary device that enables you to be free from unwanted hair and enjoy smooth skin every day.
Philips Lumea uses gentle pulses of light to stimulate the hair root into a resting phase. The hair then sheds naturally, leaving your skin silky-smooth.
Get Your New Version Today!
What hair removal results can I expect from Philips Lumea IPL hair removal system?
- IPL technology stimulates the hair follicle to go into the resting phase. The hair sheds naturally and the hair growth is inhibited. This means the hairs do not grow back until you stop using the appliance.
- Our studies have shown a significant hair reduction already after two bi-weekly treatments.
- Optimal results were generally achieved after four to five bi-weekly treatments.
- Some hairs grow back even though you have used the appliance frequently. This happens because the hairs are at different stages of the cycle of hair growth during treatment. The hairs that grow back tend to be softer and thinner and will eventually fall out. The pulses of light delivered by Lumea Philips are gentler than those from professional devices yet still deliver excellent results.
What is the difference between professional and at-home light based treatments?
- Professional salons in general use light intensities at a much higher energy level, which makes hair removal results last longer. However, removing 100% of hairs permanently with laser or IPL is highly unlikely, even in professional salon treatments. Even there, maintenance treatments are required from time to time. At-home laser or IPL solutions work in a similar manner and quite often use gentler light intensities.
- Although this may result in hair removal that doesn’t necessarily last as long as a professional treatment, it is far better and more “permanent” than any other at-home hair removal method such as waxing, epilating, shaving etc. because your skin remains smooth and hair free even in between two treatments.
Can the light used harm my skin?
- No. Lumea Philips works with professional IPL technology adapted for long-term home use.
- This technology has been used successfully and safely by the beauty industry for more than 15 years.
- No serious side effects or damage from long-term use of light-based hair removal devices have been reported.
- The integrated UV filter ensures that the light only affects the hair and not the skin.
- For full safety, it is important to use the appliance in accordance with the user manual.
Are there warnings or cautions for using the appliance?
As Lumea Philips has been developed with your safety in mind, it’s important to note that the appliance is not suitable for certain conditions.
- IPL treatment is not effective on red hair, white/grey hair or light blonde hair. Nor is it suitable for very dark skin, as it can cause skin damage, such as burns, blisters or discoloring. Check the Skin types and body hair color chart to see if Philips Lumea is suitable for you. (in your manual)
- Philips Lumea should not be used by women with medical conditions such as skin cancer, lesions, epilepsy, vascular disorders, immunosuppressive disorders or skin allergies to light. If you take any medications: Please check your prescription’s instructions, to look up if they potentially cause photosensitivity. If they do, do not use Lumea Philips. Other medications may cause a reaction, so please consult your doctor before use.
- Do not use IPL hair removal if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not use near any piercings, tattoos, injection sites (e.g. for insulin), pacemakers or implants.